This blog post is dedicated to all my various friends and family members that have asked about my home decor, but have yet to visit our new house in person. I will start with photos of our bedrooms. You may notice that several of these photos are repeats on this blog, but since it's been soooo long since I've been an active blogger I decided to repost these older pictures. We also have a 4th bedroom that houses my treadmill, but I will add that photo later (mainly because I don't have a good picture of the treadmill room).
Jillian's Bedroom
Have I mentioned that she carried around a a paint fan deck for over a week while selecting the perfect bedroom color? This is Jillian's "official" bedroom, but she and Sarah Martin have always shared a bed. We are finally able to give the girls cuddles and kisses each night, turn out the lights, close the bedroom door, walk away and they sleep soundly all night long. WooHoo! Can you hear the angels singing?!?
Sarah Martin's Bedroom
This child adores pink. She also had a say in her room color. The girls love to play dress-up (see below) in here. I have a larger, more rectangular photo of Sarah Martin to hang above her bed. I'm still getting over my last $200 Hobby Lobby frame order. Sheesh, those special order frames cost a fortune.
Dress-up cabinet.
My plans are to paint the interior of this cabinet either a sunny yellow or bubblegum pink later this spring.
Master Bedroom
I apologize for the poor photo quality. I'm anal particular about two things in life: my checkbook & my bed. You may recall that Jason labeled me the "Checkbook Nazi" early in our marriage for...ahem...good reason. I also insist that my bed is made to my liking every single morning. There have been many times when Jason momentarily left our bedroom to fetch a cup of coffee only to return to a perfectly made bed. I know, it's a sickness. If, for some reason, my bed hasn't been made before lunch someone seriously considers dialing 911.
Enlarged detail of my Tea Garden quilt.
Is this not the gaudiest bedding you have ever seen in your life?
I once described my (home decorating) taste as "Eclectic Modern with a touch of tacky". See you if agree in my Home Tour posts to follow.
I hate to run, but Dragonfly in Amber is quietly whispering my name.
G'nite Y'all!




1 comment:
I am in love with the orange and white in your bedroom. And my husband would love if your bed making sickenss would rub off on me:) He loves to come home to a made bed but I don't always make ours and he leaves before me so he can't make it for himself!
Post a Comment