Monday, September 19, 2011

My Latest Projects

I've been crazy busy doing either one of three things lately. 

#1
Getting the girls settled in school. 
Jillian LOVES being a 1st grader and has declared on more than one occasion that school is her "thing".  Sarah Martin began attending preschool one day each week and has finally decided that she enjoys playing with new toys and new friends and no longer tears up when I drop her off at school each week.  Woo Hoo!

Jillian was awarded the Golden Apple Award last week "for showing excellent character and citizenship at school".  I am super proud of my gal!

#2
Unpacking a blue million boxes and organizing our new house.
I have managed to hang three things on the walls to date.
This map in my office....luuurve!
Jason is still scratching his head while trying to understand how I successfully claimed this office as my own.  He didn't even see it coming. 

I also hung this mirror and coat hook in the entry way.
  You can't even see that they are off center in this photo (or can you?).

The Playroom.
This room is the closest to being complete in the entire house.
Rest assured trusty blog joggers, this sofa is fully slipcovered and I (thankfully) had the presence of mind to purchase a spare slipcover to use while the filty one is being bleached and/or Oxy-Clean(ed) in my washing machine.

My goal is to have my house completely decorated in time for Sarah Martin's birthday party next month.
Wish me luck.

Wall decorations waiting to be safely secured to the walls (magnetic board, art paper holder, crayon bucket).  I plan to hang a round mirror above the art table to serve as a fancy beauty shop mirror when the make-up and hair brushes come out.

The Reading Nook.
This is Jillian's favorite area in the house.

The Cupboard Under the Stairs.
AKA "The Get-To-School-On-Time Closet" because all school-related paraphernalia lives here.
This is my favorite area in the house.

#3
I've spent way too much time perusing Pinterest.


I have redecorated my house in my head at least 2 dozen times thanks to Pinterest.  Also, I've stumbled upon some tasty recipes while there. 
I've made this, this, this, and this
YUMMO!

Next up...
Getting our old house ready to put in real estate. 
All it needs is some touch-up paint and a thorough cleaning. 

8 comments:

Hayley said...

Okay, I MUST know where you purchased the rug in your playroom!! I have been in search of a rug for my classroom, but haven't been able to find one that didn't look too primary - that one would be PERFECT with my curtain fabric!! :)

April said...

Was so excited when I saw a new post pop up on your wall. Everything looks gorgeous. Glad you are enjoying your new home. And, I'm totally addicted to Pinterest too. What a time sucker and SOOOOO much fun.

Sunny said...

Hey Y'all! Thanks for the comments! Hayley, this is this LUSY BLOM rug from IKEA ($39.99). I liked it so much that I bought two! Have you ever been to the IKEA in ATL? It's so worth the trip! =)

Rug Link:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30151709

hand painted by cheryl said...

I wanted to know where you found your slip covers.

hand painted by cheryl said...

I wanted to know where you found your slip covers.

Sunny said...

Hello Cheryl!
I found my sofa (THAT I LOVE) at IKEA, too! The sofa comes with one slip cover and I purchased another slip cover for $49. I can purchase new slipcovers in different colors when I get bored with white. =)

Sofa Link:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19875765

Sofa Cover:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80047602

Cynthia said...

Love the pictures of the girls. So glad they are both enjoying their time at school. Love love love your playroom. Is what is not from Ikea from Pottery Barn? You are doing a great job decorating. Looks so cheery.

Sunny said...

Thank you Cynthia! Yes, they both love school. Thank goodness. =) How are you and that sweet girl? The wall system in my playroom is the Cameron Wall system from Pottery Barn. I'm amazed by the amount of toys it can hold and the girls can clean up their ginormous mess in mere minutes. So worth the splurge. =)