1. Commemorative issues of the Royal Wedding! {{SQUEAL}}
I clearly remember watching Charles and Diana's wedding on television way back in 1981 and I believe that was the exact moment my love affair with the British Royal Family and all things British began with a fervor. Well, throw in a little Mary Poppins and a little Eliza Doolittle and I was hooked.
Trooping the Colour (2005)
As Jason rags says (tongue-in-cheek), my "life is now complete" after physically laying my eyes on the Queen. Yes, it was a magical moment and I think she saw me, too. ;-)
2. My new phone.
I ended up getting the Droid Incredible 2 and I lub it!
3. My new sandals.
I found these at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago and they are so stinkin' cute.
4. Lean Cuisine's Thai-Style Chicken Spring Rolls.
These spring rolls are very tasty and come in two other varieties (Garlic Chicken and Fajita-Style Chicken).
I've eaten these Thai-Style Chicken Rolls for lunch 2 or 3 times in the past week. I've also been taking cinnamon supplements following each meal after my mom told me about an article she read linking cinnamon and weight loss. I've lost a little over 3 lbs without really trying this past week, so the cinnamon must work. That and the spring rolls.
5. Covergirl's Natureluxe Gloss Balm.
It's the perfect weight for summer lip color and it contains SPF15.
I'm sporting Pinot today, but Coral looks really cute, too.
Speaking of summer beauty tips, this is the perfect time to share my favorite summer beauty secrets.
1. Want to avoid bikini rash? Just apply deodorant to skin after shaving. I haven't had a bikini rash in years.
You may thank me now.
2. For soft heels follow these steps: Use a PedEgg as needed (2-3/week), swipe heels with a Clearasil pad (for the Salicylic Acid), slather on A+D Diaper Rash Ointment or other heavy moisturizer.
Works like a charm.









5 comments:
Love this post! I just bought my copy of People today!! LOVE it all!!
Loving the beauty tips...yes, I'm thanking you now!!
I too have a love affair with the British Royal Family. It began probably in 1972 for Princess Anne's wedding. Haven't missed 1 since. While going to school in London for 3 months I saw Diana, Charles, the Queen, Prince Phillip and Andrew...my dream squeeze at the time. In 1991 my Mom and I just missed meeting Princess Diana by 5 minutes. You wouldn't believe the collection of magazines I have of the royal family and the book collection I have. Love a good royal wedding!!!!
LOL! Jennifer~ Was that not the most random blog post you've ever read??? It was fun though and I must do it more often.
Cynthia~ Ahhh, a fellow anglophile! I'm so glad I know this about you. I love everything associated with England and even minored in English during college because of my deep affection for British Literature. I've promised Jillian that I would take her to London when she is older. I hope she grows to love history as much as I do. I would have LOVED to have caught even a glimpe of Diana. You are so lucky!
BTW~ On second thought. My sandals have a smaller wedge heel. I would break my neck in those sky high shoes. =)
OMG....LOVING this post especially the part about the feet...Like us Mamas don't have the diaper rash cream out in full force!! I just have to get the stridex pads...and as for the deoderant...you can also rub it on your feet if you have shoes that tend to rub blisters...works like a charm with some sandals and flip flops I have...and my girls LOVE it too....Emmaleigh got a couple of blisters last year on the top of her feet from some flip flops that had the rubber straps. Ann C in TN
I also purchased the Royal Wedding magazine and remember watching Charles and Diana get married. I'm with you that my love of all things British began then. Loved all your tips from organizing to bueaty. Michele Harris
Post a Comment