Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chalkboard Tagged Baskets

These little baskets with chalkboard tags have been a lifesaver in my never-ending attempt to organize and declutter my house. 

  Supplies needed:
1. Basket with holes or loose weaving
 (you can find many colors, shapes and sizes at Hobby Lobby and Dollar Tree stores),
2. Wall plate/solid switch plate covers
(YES, those inexpensive electrical covers from Lowes or Wal-Mart),
3.  Chalkboard spray paint
4.  Ribbon

Just spray the wall plates with two coats of chalkboard paint.  Let dry.  Attach to basket by threading ribbon through back of wall plate and knot the ends.

I kept both girls busy during that awful day of deadly tornadoes last month by letting them help me make 52 chalkboard tagged baskets for Teacher Appreciation Week.


I have several more baskets ready to tag for almost every room and/or cabinet in my house.

How do you stay organized?

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I am IN LOVE with this idea!!! I may be doing some of these for our closets! Thanks for sharing :)

jennifer said...

This is a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing!