We observed the fifth annual Jilli Day Celebration during the last week of November. Jason and I met our Jilli on November 28, 2005 in Changsha, Hunan Province, China. Look a my sweet baby.
November 28, 2005
Jilli chose to take a quick trip to Build-A-Bear before stopping by Shogun for a celebratory dinner.
Our Jilli Day traditions include the continued support of Half the Sky Foundation in Jilli's honor, communication (via letter and photos) with Jilli's former caregivers at Zhijiang SWI and the presentation of a homeland gift that was purchased during our trip to China in 2005. This year Jillian received a...
Jillian also celebrated her SIXTH birthday this month. She celebrated with friends, classmates, and family...Another big event in December was the Christmas play at our church...
Another cute church picture...
I was able to schedule a quick Christmas photo shoot with Bentley...
I also had the opportunity to spend some time with Jillian's kindergarten class while making Christmas ornaments and celebrating Jillian's birthday.
Ella & Jilli
Oh, and I found myself SIX hours short of the required ABESPA approved CEUs needed to maintain my ASHA/ABESPA license, so I've been taking online courses after the girl's bedtime several nights during the past two weeks . Need free SLP CEUs? CLICK HERE.
Another reason for my absence...
My computer crashed. ARRGH!
My pictures were backed up on an external hard drive...thank goodness...but my laptop has been wiped clean. I've lost all my email messages, too. I don't know if my address book was salvaged, so please forgive me if I've failed to respond to your email. To Shawna (Washington) and Ann (Tennessee): LOVED your pictures and updates. Please send more pictures soon! I'm typing this blog post with my mom's computer and several of her keys are sticking...Psst..so please forgive any typos. My nerves are now shot from typing this with a defective keyboard, but I'll be back with another update soon!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!


















2 comments:
Two and a half years ago we met my Granddaughter in Changsha. Trip of a lifetime for me. Blessings
your family is just precious!
Post a Comment