While helping one of my BFF's create a blog earlier today (I'll add the link when it is up and running) I began to think about why I bother to update the public with random stories about my life, so I thought that I would just blog about it. Enter the bullets:*I began this blog to update my closest friends and family members on all the developmental milestones that Jillian quickly mastered during our first year at home.
*Then I decided to utilize this blog as an on-line journal that I hoped to burn to disk at some point (if it's even possible?). I use it to record all of our family adventures and I pray that it serves as a reminder of just how much joy, love and laughter that Jillian (and eventually Sarah Martin) brings into our lives.
*Then I happened upon this website that offers to slurp your blog in a real book! Count me in!
*Jason still asks me "Why do you tell everyone so much about yourself?" I really don't. I'm actually a relatively private person to all but my closest friends and family.
*My posts are usually short in length to avoid reader boredom. My eyes often glaze over while reading blog posts that are longer than 3-4 paragraphs. I end up just admiring the new photos.
*And yes, it does drive me nuts that I began almost every sentence with "I". I'm usually just too tired to be clever.




3 comments:
I (ha ha), too, am so excited to slurp my blog....as I don't scrapbook! And Jim still isn't quited getting it either. :-)
Kate
i'm on the book trail too !
Your blog also gives long lost friends an insight, quick update, and drop by version of your life! I love your blog and would never know how beautiful your daughter is! Hopefully, I can see and meet her soon! OH.. the blog book site is worth gold... you should charge to click on that link!!! Love, Dawn
Post a Comment