Wednesday, July 02, 2008

What Gives?

Can you say misery? Like most of you, I suffer from an occasional bout of insomnia, which is odd for me anyway, because I usually can sleep anytime...anywhere. I can sleep on planes, trains, automobiles as well as on the floor, by the pool, on the beach, while paying bills and at the dentist office while having my teeth cleaned. If left alone, I could easily sleep 10-12 hours a day. So imagine my disgust when I am unable fall asleep and/or stay asleep. These occasional bouts of insomnia usually last for about a week, but this excruciating episode has lasted for almost three weeks with NO. END. IN. SIGHT! I don't like to take over-the-counter sleep aids very often, so I've tried limiting caffeine, exercising later at night and taking a warm bath prior to bedtime, but nothing seems to help. Jason can't sleep unless the thermostat is set to 69 degrees or below and I find myself shivering for the majority of the night. I've tried wearing two pairs of socks to defrost my toes, but it takes a while to thaw out and I feel like I've been hit by a semi-truck each morning for about the first hour. Please help! Any suggestions? Anybody?



UPDATE #1: Thanks for the advice Amy! I'm on the prowl for a Swapper.

UPDATE #2: I am once again sleeping like a baby. My eyes begin to cross each night around 9:30 p.m. Thanks to all who offered advice!

No comments: