Friday, January 08, 2010

It's Official!

Our Consulate Appointment has been confirmed, our flights have been booked and we are scheduled to depart for China on January 21st! We will receive a more detailed itinerary next week, but we do know that Gotcha Day is January 25, 2010!

1/21/10- Huntsville/Chicago (6:25 a.m.) Chicago/Beijing (12:43 p.m.)
1/22/10- Arrive in BeijingBold
1/23/10- Beijing Tour
1/24/10- Fly to Changsha, Hunan Province
1/25/10- GOTCHA DAY!
1/29/10- Fly to Guangzhou
2/3/10- Consulate Appointment
2/4/10- Oath Taking Ceremony
2/5/10- Pick up Sarah Martin's Passport with Visa
2/6/10- Beijing/Chicago (5:25 p.m.) Chicago/Huntsville (6:25-8:03 p.m.)*
*All times are local.

****************************************

Many adoptive parents send a care package to their child's orphanage or foster family while awaiting Travel Approval (TA) from China. Often, disposable cameras are included along with a request that photos are taken of our children during their last days among friends and caretakers. One parent posted some of these pictures on the Jiangyong SWI Yahoo Group website yesterday and our Sarah Martin was pictured in one photo. What a nice surprise!

Hang on Sarah Martin! We're coming to get you!

13 comments:

Brandy said...

I am thrilled for you all. The 21st cannot get here fast enough, I am sure! I pray you have a very, very safe and uneventful flight and hope you're able to navigate easily through all the airport security checkpoints.

Tina said...

Whooo HOOOOO!! I know you are sooo excited. It won't be long now!! I can't wait to follow your journey!!
Love
Tina
sh0ptildr@aol.com

Melissa said...

This is such wonderful news! Sarah Martin is just precious and I know you can't wait to hold her in your arms. We will continue to pray for your family during the upcoming weeks!!! I am thrilled for you guys!!! We love you!
Melissa Shell

Casey said...

That is GREAT news!!!! It want be long!!!Yippy!!! Im sure you guys cant wait and I know a little girl that cant wait Im sure as well!!! Oh and I love the new look of the blog!!! Love Casey

Cynthia said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited that we will be travelling together to 2 of the same cities. Looking forward to meeting you and your family in Beijing and then again in GZ. We will probably be on the same flight from GZ to Beijing on the 6th. I leave Beijing at 5:00pm.
See you in China 13 days!!!
Cynthia

icedlatteprincess:) said...

CONGRATS!!!! We are on the same scedule!!! We will tour together with you in Beijing and them see you and your new one on Guangzhou!!! I am hardly sleeping, I am so excited!!! I can't wait to meet all the families that will be adopting!

OMGosh...I am so embarrassed! I didn't realize what meez was and I copy/pasted from your blog because I thought the graphic was ADORABLE! I had no idea you created her. So, when you changed yours...it changed the one on my blog! Sorry about that! I now have created my own and it looks more like me! LOL Thanks for introducing me to Meez! I will continue to do the Happy Dance for now! =)

See you VERY SOON, in BEIJING!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYA

sweet momma luv u said...

So thrilled for you guys!! She will just love having a forever family especially you guys!!!

Can't wait to follow in your footsteps. We will follow your blog.
Smiles,
Jody

Mrs. Simmons said...

How exciting! We've talked about it so much, I can't believe it is finally here. I pray for a safe, peaceful journey as you grow to a family of 4. Love~

Sunny said...

Thank you all for the sweet comments! I still CANNOT believe that we will be in China in 2 WEEKS!!! I'm so happy that I'm able to share our adoption experience with you all.

Iced Latte Princess~ How funny! I just thought we selected the same Meez! Please feel free to borrow anything you need from my blog! =) Can't wait to meet up with you and Cynthia in Beijing! See you soon!!!

Jaime said...

What great news! So happy for you. I can't wait to follow you again as you travel to China. I know Jillian must be SO excited about being a big sister!! You all will be in my prayers!

~ Dawn ~ said...

My heart is smiling wildly!!!!!! I am so happy for you all I could just burst! I will be praying for you all and sending you much love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Sunny, We are so happy for you, Jason, Jillian, and Sarah Martin! I pray that the next couple of weeks go by quickly for you! And I love the new look of the blog.

Anonymous said...

HEY!!!! I just found your blog .....thru Diana's.I am in Montgomery.....we are flying out the same day, and our consulate appointment is the same day as yours. Will you be at the White Swan? If so, I'd love to meet you!
Leanne
bc.crawford@charter.net