Sunday, March 01, 2009

Oh So Random...

Yes, I'm alive. I've been enjoying my little self-imposed blogging break this past month, but I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about the exploits of my blogger buddies on my daily "blog jog". Keep up the good work ladies! So, what have I been up to of late, you ask?...randomness.


I've been hanging out, watching movies, hibernating and cooking. I made this Strawberry Pound Cake a few weeks ago and it was FABULAKAS! It reminded my of one of those cakes that only a really old grandmother could whip up. Wouldn't this be perfect to make at Easter?

Strawberry Pound Cake
1 box white cake mix
1 small box strawberry gelatin
4 eggs
1/2 package frozen strawberries
3 T. flour (I used cake flour)
1 C. cooking oil
1/2 C. water
-:- Mix cake mix, flour and gelatin. Add oil and beat in eggs. Add water and strawberries. Bake in greased tube pan at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Frosting:
1/2 stick margarine
1/2 package frozen strawberries
2 C. powdered sugar
-:- Melt margarine with strawberries. Stir in powdered sugar and mix well until spreading consistency.

As you can see, I tend to pack on the pounds this time of year, so...

I attempt to workout to Billy Blanks' Eight 1-Minute Tae Bo Power Workouts and Denise Austin's Best Belly Fat-Blasters most weekdays. I choose one of Austin's 10 minute Ab routines each time I workout and I find this combination to be effective. I am unable to stand erect on some days though. Hurry up SPRINGTIME! I'm so ready to get out side and WALK!

****************************************

Here's a photo from Jillian's Valentine Party at her preschool. Chassey and I volunteered to provide snacks during the Easter Party. Have I mentioned that Easter is my FAVORITE holiday? Love it!
****************************************

In other news, Jill, Amy & I are about the launch the grand opening our on-line (Etsy) business. We have decided to sell our crafts in local speciality stores, on-line and at craft fairs to fund our travel habit. NYC, here we come! More information to come very soon!

****************************************

Here's my baby just prior to her handbell performance at church this morning. I'm so proud of my sweet girl!

After church, Jillian played in what little snow was left over from the blizzard of '09. I'm thinking we got close to 1/2 inch. WOO HOO!
*****************************************
I have a very eventful week coming up.
Monday: Play date & dance
Tuesday: Hope to visit with Ms. Helen. Are you receiving guests on Tuesday, Helen?
Wednesday: Haircut & color.
Thursday & Friday: Attend a SLP convention with Chassey. At least I'll see some old friends while there.
And , I hope to fit this in at some point this week! Fun, fun, fun!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I am so happy you're back, and I am so making that cake! YUM-O!

Jillian is a precious snow baby. I think she loved the snow as much as Amelia did.

Amy said...

I have missed your blogging! And I got a laugh from your post title ~ Judd calls himself "RANDOM" all the time. Love Jilli's snow pics! :)

Mary Smith said...

I must have a frame! Please let me know when you get your sales ready. I could so use the one with the "S".