Saturday, September 27, 2008
Pumpkin Patch & College Football
Today was the perfect fall day. Our breakfast that consisted of biscuits, coffee and Jillian's homemade apple butter was followed by a trip to the Colvin's beautiful farm to locate the perfect pumpkin. They had all kinds of pumpkins (tiny ones, warty ones, fabulous disfigured ones, Cinderella pumpkins, etc) and gourds. Thank goodness that Jason was the voice of reason or I would have made it home with dozens of whimsical gourds and pumpkins. I'm still a little upset that I left that big warty pumpkin behind (insert whiney pout). The Colvin's price their beautiful harvest and they trust the public to leave money in an honesty jar on the front porch. Isn't it wonderful that people like that are still around?
That evening our house was full of football, Mater's pizza and five very tired nomads. Chassey, Jeff and the boys took a much needed break from moving to enjoy some good food and Alabama football. Roll Tide!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I am so glad you made it to Colvin's Farm! Knowing you, there will be a "pumpkin fund" next year!
Love it! I can't wait to try your pumkin cake recipe! Maybe between batches of apple butter! Love You! Amos
Love the pictures from the P'kin Patch. Jillian's shirt is SO cute-she always has on the cutest clothes. Where is this P'kin Patch? We were going to the one in Hayden this Sat. but this one looks better.
I love the pictures! Sweet Home Alabama, Roll Tide Roll! Jillian looks so cute and the boys are dressed in hand-me-downs...all we could find in the packing and moving. Thanks for the much needed moving break! Let's do it again soon!!! Griff still has Jilli's green jelli shoes!!!
Post a Comment