Saturday, September 06, 2008

Jillian's 1st Auburn Game

We took Jillian to see the Auburn vs. Southern Mississippi game today and she had the best time. She was all about the hot dogs, cheerleaders, band, pom-poms, cheering crowd, Toomer's lemonade and all the Auburn fanfare; however Aubie (Auburn mascot) scared the daylights out of her! Jason squeezed to the front of the Tiger Walk with Jillian on his shoulders, so that she could get a good look at the upcoming band, football players and Aubie. When Aubie suddenly appeared she frantically jumped into my arms while Jason firmly grasped her little leg. I didn't know what was happening! It took her (and me) several minutes to get over such a fright. Meanwhile, Jason was acting like a kid while cheering and high-fiving Tuberville, Tray Blackmon, Sen'Derrick Marks, Tristan Davis, etc.. We plan on taking Jilli to the Auburn vs. Vanderbilt in Nashville next month.
For the record, Jason & I met while he was a senior at Auburn ('95 Alum) and I was a junior at the University of Alabama ('96 Alum), so I have fond memories of both Tuscaloosa and Auburn. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big ALABAMA FAN, but I only talk smack about Bama football during the last week in November. ROLL TIDE!

This post made me feel a bit nostalgic, so I located this picture of Jason & me when we first began dating in January 1995 (note Omar in the background). Those were good times! I've misplaced/lost the majority of photos from that time period. Psst...

For Janna: Do you remember what we were up to in the above photo? ROTFL (Circa September 1994)

4 comments:

Kara said...

Hello. You don't know me...but I happened across your blog from Danielle's site (the woman who makes blogs pretty) & was drawn to your site because adoption is very close to my heart (my son is adopted through domestic adoption)...and then I realized the Alabama connection, so I just HAD to comment! I grew up in Alabama and it still holds a very dear place in my heart! :) Blessings on your family & feel free to check out my blog, if you like: www.jansenjunction.blogspot.com

Mrs. Simmons said...

I must buy that baby some CUTE ALABAMA CLOTHES! It was bad enough seeing her sport Auburn clothes in China, but now, I am just plain concerned. Sunny, quit looking at Jason with that silly glow in your eye, and show him who is boss!!! Of course, Jillian is so pretty and smart, I know she will make the right decision one day. (all in good fun :)) Roll Tide! Love, Chassey

Amy said...

Alright Chassey...enough is enough. Jillian looks superb in her Auburn dress! :) War Eagle!

Anonymous said...

Jillian is adorable!! But, I agree with Chassey cause she's gonna have to have some Bama clothes when she comes and visits me in Tuscaloosa! :)