Monday, March 31, 2008

Ni Hao, Kai-Lan

Jillian is not a big fan of cartoons. She will tolerate Dora the Explorer & Shrek, but other than that forget-about-it. So imagine my delight when she finally agreed to watch Nick Jr's new cartoon Ni Hao, Kai-Lan. Kai-Lan is a precocious six year old Chinese-American girl that speaks English and Mandarin Chinese. This cartoon introduces the Chinese language and culture as Kai-Lan interacts with her bilingual friends and family. It really is a cute cartoon, so be sure to check it out!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I came across your blog by way of Melissa's and I just love reading it! I too am a SAHM and think this show is just the cutest.

We live in Boaz and I had noticed an older post of Jillian in a ballet class. Can you tell me where she attends? My daughter is two but wants to take dance - I did not know how early she would be able to start.

You can email me at
godwin_leslie@yahoo.com

Thanks so much and I look forward to reading more!